THE PROBLEM - As a leader in online and distance learning, Excelsior College awards degrees at the associate, bachelor and master's levels. As a private, nonprofit institution it competes against the online for profit schools such as University of Phoenix and Kaplan. These schools are very focused on marketing and have extremely large advertising budgets. Excelsior College needed to find a way to reach potential students in a cost effective manner, generate awareness and interest in the programs, and create opportunities for dialog that will drive enrollment, retention of existing students, and the return of graduates for another degree.
THE SOLUTION - Kariann Wolf Morris spearheaded an initiative with the College to increase its understanding of the target audience's use of online tools, information sites, and social media. After segmenting the target audience based on behavioral profiles, Kariann developed specific recommendations to:
- Increase presence of Excelsior College on social media sites
- Improve consistency of messaging across all online opportunities
- Build loyalty by engaging students in meaningful dialogue
- Encourage potential students to achieve success at Excelsior College by celebrating the accomplishments of graduates and current students
- Provide insight into keywords, messages, and tactics for implementation on the Excelsior College website
THE RESULTS - The foundation developed through Kariann's analysis has enabled the successful launch of a new website, the development of effective social media tactics, the usage of email marketing and other awareness and lead generating tactics. Excelsior College has greatly benefited from the shift to an online marketing model and their ability to compete effectively has increased significantly.
Connect with your market.
Contact Kariann today.